Get to know Casey Lucius...
Casey's skills and experience make her uniquely prepared to advocate for our community in the U.S. House of Representatives
Casey has emerged as one of our community’s most pragmatic problem-solvers and consensus-builders in an era when blind partisanship and ideological dogmatism on the right and left have jammed the gears of progress and threatened to derail the American dream for far too many. As a local elected official Casey knows that lasting solutions are crafted by bringing opposing parties together and building political consensus to get things done for our community.
Casey has always been an independent and results-oriented problem-solver who is committed first and foremost to our interests rather than to those of the political establishment. Casey digs beneath the surface platitudes to uncover the core issues and specific actions that can resolve a problem, rather than simply deal with its symptoms. She is an energetic and tireless advocate on behalf of effective and well-supported solutions. Watch a Pacific Grove City Council meeting on local cable here and see for yourself.
Not only does Casey have extensive expertise in the formulation of U.S. domestic and foreign policy in our complex and unpredictable world, but she has also shown herself to be an effective local leader.
Here are a few of highlights from Casey’s extensive background, but please click here to learn more.
- Respected local leader as an elected member of the Pacific Grove City Council;
- Active community advocate, serving on numerous local boards and commissions, including Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA), and Pacific Grove’s ADA Compliance Board, Traffic Safety Commission, Library Advisory Board, and Natural Resources Commission;
- Monterey region's Second Vice President for the California League of California Cities;
- Former Professor of National Security Studies for the U.S. Naval War College, and Adjunct Faculty at Hanoi University of Foreign Studies (Vietnam), American International College (Vietnam), Naval Postgraduate School, U.S. Marine Corps Command and Staff College, and Monterey Peninsula College;
- Former Operations Assistant to the U.S. Ambassador in Hanoi, Vietnam;
- Seven years on active duty as a U.S. Navy Intelligence Officer; worked with SEAL Team 5 to interrupt maritime smuggling operations in the Persian Gulf, and served on behalf of the Commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet as an intelligence liaison to multiple partner nations throughout Asia;
- Service as Board Member for Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services and Pearl Buck International;
- PhD in Political Science with an emphasis in national security decision making from the University of Hawaii; M.A. in Regional Security Studies from the Naval Postgraduate School; B.A. in Political Science from Ashland University;
- Former Ashbrook Scholar;
- Recipient of U.S. Department of State Meritorious Honor Award, as well as multiple U.S. Navy personnel decorations and awards;
- Graduate of Leadership Monterey Peninsula;
- Casey’s research has been published in The Wall Street Journal online, International Affairs Forum, Space and Defense Policy Journal, Proceedings, Praeger International Security, Atlantisch Perspectief, Oxford’s Journal of Church and State, Vietnam’s Social Sciences Journal, The Diplomat, and Vietnam News. Click here to read some of these publications.
- Devoted (and occasionally harried!) wife of a retired Marine and mother of an active six-year old boy.
Click on the image below to watch Casey square off against her opponent on foreign policy issues...
What others say about Casey...
© Copyright 2015 Casey Lucius for Congress
Paid for by Casey Lucius for Congress